Senior Product Designer - Data Visualization
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Data visualization is core to the Datadog product experience, with a growing number of advanced visualizations powering our platform. We’re looking for a product designer with a passion for designing and prototyping rich, interactive visualizations that are tightly integrated into our product experience. Our designers build the UI that developers around the world rely on: real-time dashboards, data-driven notebooks, and the design systems and tools that power it. Their work makes the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. As one of the first members of the design team focused on dataviz, you’ll help define new products and lay the groundwork for new and exciting experiences. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, and researching, prototyping and scaling design.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- Support several product teams, and a wide variety of datasets, with explorations and prototypes for new visualizations, and improvements to existing viz, using code and real data
- See your design work through from start to finish: sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Datadog better
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building data visualizations
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are fluent in D3.js and have built a wide variety of visualization types
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
- You have experience with data analysis and transforming large datasets into formats appropriate for visualization
- You have experience building web-based data visualizations with Canvas and WebGL
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and tools
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You have experience with Figma and Framer
Back to top