Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
We’re on a mission to bring sanity and clarity to Dev & Ops. We need you to help secure a massively scalable, elegant system that turns billions of data points per day into meaning for our customers. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with the best open-source data tools at high scale, we want to meet you.
Datadog is building a world class security team to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats. You will develop and deploy distributed security solutions that scale with the Datadog service. Your team will instrument Datadog across the full breadth of our infrastructure to detect malicious signals and in some cases automate response. We are looking for a candidate that can bring the best of current industry knowledge and work at Datadog to advance that knowledge. Come and help us disrupt attackers at scale.
What you will do
- Analyze known attacker methodology and develop solutions to detect and defend against them
- Create new detection capabilities using available software and in house development
- Develop systems that detect malicious signals in a moderate sized infrastructure that processes an extremely large amount of data
- Develop systems that support an increased compliance burden
- Design defensive systems that allow the Datadog security and general engineering teams to move quickly and adapt to an evolving threat landscape
Who you must be
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have a track record as a security engineer in the operations of a large distributed system
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing security issues
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have production experience with Amazon Web Services
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You have a documented history of relevant security research or development
- You are fully fluent in python or go
- Experience implementing BeyondCorp style, zero-trust network and service architectures
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top