Security Engineer - Customer Safety
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world class security team to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats.
As a Security Engineer on the Customer Safety Team you will design and develop security measures that keep end users safe, build tooling and automation to curb abuse, assist with incident response, and analyze data to uncover patterns of attack and abuse.
- Use custom and third party tools as well as the Datadog platform to detect and prevent threats to end user accounts.
- Design novel anti-abuse measures and deploy them across our product
- Work closely with dev teams to plan and implement product improvements and security controls that protect our customers
- Analyze data to uncover attacker techniques and apply solutions to detect and prevent them
- Assist with incident response
- Enable the use of the Datadog platform without compromising security or usability.
- You have experience in application security, incident response, and/or threat hunting and are a subject matter expert in at least one of these disciplines
- You have experience with anomaly detection, bot detection, data mining, pattern recognition, or machine learning
- You want to help provide a high quality, secure environment for users
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- Experience releasing code to production
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience in one or more of the following areas - account takeover attacks, abuse, spam, fraud, trust & safety
- You have a documented history of relevant security research or development
Back to top