Security Engineer - Back End Development
At Datadog, we're on a mission to bring sanity to cloud development and operations. We need to make the heterogeneous, complex data we collect globally available and secure for users to digest and act upon.
As a back end engineer on our Security team, you will build the next generation security infrastructure platform that protects our organization. This team gives our service a competitive advantage in security and reliability. You will work with product and internal teams to meet the evolving security needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems. Your work will impact not only Datadog’s infrastructure, but our customers’.
We're looking for engineers with a security mindset and background in modern infrastructure tech, cloud environments, and distributed systems. Yes, this includes containers, orchestrators, and service mesh technologies.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. By joining us you will influence and own significant chunks of our infrastructure security architecture as we continue to scale and help our growing customer base do the same.
In a given week you might:
- Design and code a novel way to detect and mitigate a low-level security vulnerability
- Keep our security alerting platform observable, up and running, while planning for a 10x scale that’s a mere 12 months away
- Prototype new ideas, test new open-source security tools
- Help other engineering teams rely on our security infrastructure
- (Contribute to our open-source projects if that’s a thing?)
- Passion and demonstrated experience designing, building, and managing resilient applications and infrastructures at a large scale
- Experience beyond basic usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes
- High level of competency in cloud automation technologies such as Terraform
- High level of situational and operational awareness
- Strong understanding of OS and Linux internals
- Strong interest in security
- Can provide examples of the ability to solve difficult problems with engineering
- Experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- SRE experience
- High level of competency with the security principles of at least one of the following:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure deployments
- Experience deploying and managing logging and alerting at large scale
Back to top