Security Engineer - Application Security Assessment
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The product security team is responsible for protecting the company and our customers against application security threats. The team supports the engineering organization by finding, fixing, and preventing software security vulnerabilities. Product security is focused on the advancement of modern application security via three core activities. We build software to improve security without creating friction, break software to discover vulnerabilities before they are exploited, and educate developers to support secure solutions.
Test and review products, applications, and designs to proactively discover software vulnerabilities.
What you will do:
- Perform penetration testing, code reviews, and design/architecture reviews
- Work closely with development teams to mitigate or remediate security vulnerabilities
- Empower developers to do their job securely without creating additional friction
- Educate your fellow engineers about security in application code and infrastructure
- Contribute code that improves security throughout Datadog's products
Who you must be:
- You have experience in application security
- You want to crush entire bug classes, not play whack-a-mole
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Is this you? Send us your resume and a link to any public vulnerabilities you have found!
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top