Security Engineer - Active Defense
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world class security team to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats.
As a Security Engineer on the Active Defense team you will build software for detecting and responding to threats in Datadog's infrastructure. You will operate as a threat detection and response subject matter expert and incident responder. By using existing platforms, building new tools and practicing your honed craft you will help secure Datadog as we seek to better serve the customers who rely on us every day.
- Analyze known attacker methodology and, in concert with our security development teams, develop solutions to detect and defend against them.
- Create new detection capabilities using available software and in-house development.
- Develop systems that detect malicious signals in an infrastructure that processes trillions of datapoints per day.
- Develop and deploy systems that support incident response and forensics in public cloud environments.
- Participate in security event and incident response efforts.
- Work with other teams to defend and detect advanced attacks.
- You are an experienced subject matter expert in areas related to incident response and threat detection.
- You have a track record leveraging your skill set in public cloud environments.
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing security issues.
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems.
- You have production experience with Amazon Web Services, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- You are fully fluent in Go or python.
- You have experience working in a distributed BeyondCorp-style zero-trust network.
- You have a documented history of relevant security research or development.
Back to top