Datadog is scaling our Sales Engineering team, to support the growth of our Enterprise Sales team. As an integral part of the sales team, SEs help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. They will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners.
- Technically close complex and competitive opportunities, through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill and credibility.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase. Communicate Datadog value based on activities, work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion.
- Deliver product and technical briefings / presentations to customers and partners.
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM regarding customer input both wins and losses.
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Datadog business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape.
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Passion and ability to educate customers on observability risks that are relevant to their business.
- Ability to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Experience selling to or supporting enterprise customers.
- Work well under pressure with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals.
- Sales Engineer: 3 years
- Monitoring: 3 years
Back to top