Regional Manager, Sales Engineering
- Tokyo, Japan
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our high-growth organization and world class presales team.
You will manage a team of talented Sales Engineers to help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. Coach the team on their approach to providing technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs).
Take the lead technical role in your region supporting customer facing activities and engagements for key accounts. Enable a strong partnership between the SE team and other organizations within Datadog.
This is a hands-on coach/player management role.
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers.
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers, helping to ensure customer success pre-sale;
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Datadog solutions along with key technical and soft skills.
- Develop a close working relationship with Product Management, Support, and Enablement to ensure continuity between pre and post sales activities.
- Deliver semi-annual performance reviews along with collaborating on and executing individual development plans.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in an SE team lead or mentorship role.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high EQ.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional.
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Passion and ability to educate customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business.
- Ability to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Minimum of 3 years in a sales engineering role.
- Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies.
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Back to top