Product Manager - APM Integrations
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health & performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logging products.
You will lead the product for our tracing libraries that run in customer’s applications to capture tracing and statistical data about the performance of their Java, Python, Ruby, Go, .NET, Node, or PHP application. These tracing libraries provide an amazing out-of-the-box experience for customers and enable Datadog to achieve its mission of monitoring any application stack.
Together with your team, you will define the future of this critical product area and grow the APM business unit within Datadog. Your decisions will have deep impact on both the product and the work lives of our customers.
- Drive the Product Roadmap for APM Tracing Libraries in some or all key languages (Java, Python, .NET, Ruby, Go, Node, PHP), working with a world-class engineering team
- Determine the technical needs of customers and prioritize a roadmap based on integrations with web frameworks, networking libraries, databases, as well as newer trends such as service meshes
- Work closely with Executives, Marketing, Sales, PR, and Support teams to ensure the success of the APM business unit within Datadog
- Write technical product specifications and discuss technical tradeoffs with engineering
- Understand the APM market, competition and business to determine the right tracing library functionality to build based on customer needs, technological shifts and revenue generation
- Grow to deeply understand our users (software developers, ops engineers); design solutions they find intuitive and delightful
- You have a proven track record as a Technical Product Manager, ideally at a SaaS company
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have either worked as an engineer previously or have extensive technical knowledge to be able to discuss technical concepts with customers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-minded with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top