Product Manager - APM Integrations
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health & performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logging products.
You will lead the product for our tracing libraries that run in customer’s applications to capture tracing and statistical data about the performance of their Java, Python, Ruby, Go, .NET, Node, or PHP application. These tracing libraries provide an amazing out-of-the-box experience for customers and enable Datadog to achieve its mission of monitoring any application stack.
Together with your team, you will define the future of this critical product area and grow the APM business unit within Datadog. Your decisions will have deep impact on both the product and the work lives of our customers.
What you will do
- Drive the Product Roadmap for APM Tracing Libraries in some or all key languages (Java, Python, .NET, Ruby, Go, Node, PHP), working with a world-class engineering team
- Determine the technical needs of customers and prioritize a roadmap based on integrations with web frameworks, networking libraries, databases, as well as newer trends such as service meshes
- Work closely with Executives, Marketing, Sales, PR, and Support teams to ensure the success of the APM business unit within Datadog
- Write technical product specifications and discuss technical tradeoffs with engineering
- Understand the APM market, competition and business to determine the right tracing library functionality to build based on customer needs, technological shifts and revenue generation
- Grow to deeply understand our users (software developers, ops engineers); design solutions they find intuitive and delightful
- You have a proven track record as a Technical Product Manager, ideally at a SaaS company
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have either worked as an engineer previously or have extensive technical knowledge to be able to discuss technical concepts with customers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-minded with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top