At Datadog, we build tools that engineering and operations professionals use every day to get their jobs done. We deal with data, graphs, and analytics, and work on technical problems that require a multi-disciplinary approach. Product Designers are involved in the entire product development process, from brainstorming to final pixels. We support and learn from each other, but are empowered to work autonomously. Our team is growing fast; You’ll have a big impact here.
We’re on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops. We’re building a powerful, intuitive, and beautiful product to effortlessly explore large amounts of data, and help our users understand their infrastructure through interactive visualizations.
What you will do
- Work with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and customer success managers to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, and ship products to make Datadog better
- Sketch and prototype in your tool of choice to communicate your ideas clearly across teams
- Manage and integrate feedback from stakeholders as your designs evolve
- Work closely with engineering and product to understand how your designs will be built
Who you must be
The most important parts of our job are listening and learning. Our customers are experts in their fields, and our own engineers are Datadog users. Many of our best product ideas come from outside the design team, and its our job to take them all in and and bring the best ones to life.
You must also:
- Have previous experience designing web applications, with a breadth of work spanning interaction and visual design
- Demonstrate an ability to take an idea from concept to finished product, showing artifacts from your previous work and highlighting your process
- Thrive as part of a tightly-knit team in a quickly-changing environment
- Experience with modern interaction design tools like Sketch, InVision, and Framer.js
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure, and experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Previous work on technical products and data visualizations
- Ability to write HTML, CSS, and JS
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top