Product Design Team Lead
- Paris, France
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Product Design team works on embedded product teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product area. Product Design is its own department, independent from engineering or product management. We’re full-stack designers, owning all aspects of our work from research, prototyping, polish, and engineering hand-off. We work closely together, collaborating with our DesignOps team to develop our design system and tooling.
We’re looking for a Product Design Team Lead to manage and grow our designers and design teams. These teams build the UI that developers around the world rely on: real-time dashboards, data visualizations, data-driven notebooks, core site functionality, and the design systems and tools that power it. Their work makes the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. As one of the first few managers in a fast-growing department you’ll help define the role of product design at Datadog as well as our processes to hire, on-board, mentor, and grow designers. We are expanding globally, designing and building multiple new products, and rolling out DesignOps to speed up and scale design. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, working with designers on research, prototypes and systems, and managing and recruiting other talented designers.
- Manage a team of designers working on one or more of Datadog’s major product areas
- Be one of the first few managers in a fast-growing department
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- Lead and motivate designers on the team to do their best work and be better team members
- Help your team prioritize the right problems and guide them toward great solutions
- Report to the Director of Product Design
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design, with 1+ year of experience managing or mentoring other designers
- You motivate and inspire the people around you to do their best work
- Your portfolio includes interaction design work on web applications
- You are relentlessly focused on the end user and their experience in the product
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You know how to balance risk and focus to deliver imaginative and viable designs
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You have experience with Figma and Framer
Back to top