The team: G&A rapidly scales the physical space, hiring, onboarding, and financial and legal systems to keep our business running in top form.
We are seeking a professional who is looking to be the initial hire for our procurement function. This role requires a strategic thinker and someone who is prepared to “roll up their sleeves.” This role also requires interaction across the organization, globally across all levels in order to create a seamless procurement cycle. The right candidate will be a great project manager with strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Project manage the procurement process once a vendor(s) have been identified by the respective company department
- Team with legal and finance to ensure that all parties are aware of and fulfill responsibilities in the vendor negotiation process
- Negotiate commercial terms including (but not limited to) pricing, securing favorable payment terms, and contractual terms
- Conduct in-depth competitive market trend analyses to inform negotiations
- Evaluate all current agreements for potential re-negotiations, breaches of SLAs or alternative vendors
- Identify new cost-saving opportunities by working with internal stakeholders to define strategic direction and identify potential suppliers for stated procurement initiatives
- Actively support supplier performance management programs using KPIs, scorecards, regular and business reviews
- Help to further create, enforce, and streamline the use of standard business and legal terms for vendor contracts.
- Identify all current suppliers and develop a plan for getting everyone on our contract or locate the existing agreement
- Obtain and track all necessary approvals with a strong contract management process in place
- Work with legal department to build the right contract templates and develop a clear escalation path for approvals of nonstandard provisions
- Maintain vendor contract database including tracking of commitments and storage/retrieval of archived agreements
- Own procurement policies, communication and maintenance
- Proven experience creating proposals, evaluating vendors and providing recommended improvements to a vendor procurement process design for a fast growing company
- A desire to build strategic insights through analysis and communication with different departments
- In-depth understanding of industry trends in contracting and supplier management practices
- Advanced negotiation skills and experience
- Analytical skills and understanding of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities and adapt to changing priorities as well as differing priorities within stakeholder departments
- Ability to increase the velocity and transparency for company departments going through the procurement process from start to finish
- Awareness of contract law, regional standards around the world a plus
- IT/Software procurement experience a plus
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Back to top