The team: G&A rapidly scales the physical space, hiring, onboarding, and financial and legal systems to keep our business running in top form.
We are seeking a professional who is looking to be the initial hire for our procurement function. This role requires a strategic thinker and someone who is prepared to “roll up their sleeves.” This role also requires interaction across the organization, globally across all levels in order to create a seamless procurement cycle. The right candidate will be a great project manager with strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Project manage the procurement process once a vendor(s) have been identified by the respective company department
- Team with legal and finance to ensure that all parties are aware of and fulfill responsibilities in the vendor negotiation process
- Negotiate commercial terms including (but not limited to) pricing, securing favorable payment terms, and contractual terms
- Conduct in-depth competitive market trend analyses to inform negotiations
- Evaluate all current agreements for potential re-negotiations, breaches of SLAs or alternative vendors
- Identify new cost-saving opportunities by working with internal stakeholders to define strategic direction and identify potential suppliers for stated procurement initiatives
- Actively support supplier performance management programs using KPIs, scorecards, regular and business reviews
- Help to further create, enforce, and streamline the use of standard business and legal terms for vendor contracts.
- Identify all current suppliers and develop a plan for getting everyone on our contract or locate the existing agreement
- Obtain and track all necessary approvals with a strong contract management process in place
- Work with legal department to build the right contract templates and develop a clear escalation path for approvals of nonstandard provisions
- Maintain vendor contract database including tracking of commitments and storage/retrieval of archived agreements
- Own procurement policies, communication and maintenance
- Proven experience creating proposals, evaluating vendors and providing recommended improvements to a vendor procurement process design for a fast growing company
- A desire to build strategic insights through analysis and communication with different departments
- In-depth understanding of industry trends in contracting and supplier management practices
- Advanced negotiation skills and experience
- Analytical skills and understanding of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities and adapt to changing priorities as well as differing priorities within stakeholder departments
- Ability to increase the velocity and transparency for company departments going through the procurement process from start to finish
- Awareness of contract law, regional standards around the world a plus
- IT/Software procurement experience a plus
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top