At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us as a Performance Engineer to dig deep, understand and predict our platform's technical performance in the most minute details, as well as at the highest level.
In a typical week as a Performance Engineer, you might:
- coach other engineers to craft quantitative models of their systems' performance and cost,
- solve gnarly performance issues that nobody else has been able to crack,
- build tools that help you in your everyday analysis,
- share interesting findings with the community at large,
- split your time 50/50 between proactive and reactive performance analysis.
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- You have a proven track record of understanding the performance of large-scale services, quantitatively and in fine details.
- Profilers, debuggers, tracers hide no secrets from you, especially in a linux environment.
- You display persistence, focus and creativity to get to the bottom of the matter at issue.
- You communicate well and your enthusiasm for the craft is contagious.
- You have a strong background in statistics.
- You value observability and monitoring.
- You are familiar with cloud-based or very large-scale infrastructure.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top