At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us as a Performance Engineer to dig deep, understand and predict our platform's technical performance in the most minute details, as well as at the highest level.
In a typical week as a Performance Engineer, you might:
- coach other engineers to craft quantitative models of their systems' performance and cost,
- solve gnarly performance issues that nobody else has been able to crack,
- build tools that help you in your everyday analysis,
- share interesting findings with the community at large,
- split your time 50/50 between proactive and reactive performance analysis.
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- You have a proven track record of understanding the performance of large-scale services, quantitatively and in fine details.
- Profilers, debuggers, tracers hide no secrets from you, especially in a linux environment.
- You display persistence, focus and creativity to get to the bottom of the matter at issue.
- You communicate well and your enthusiasm for the craft is contagious.
- You have a strong background in statistics.
- You value observability and monitoring.
- You are familiar with cloud-based or very large-scale infrastructure.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top