Open-Source System Developer
Have you been running and contributing to open-source tools and OSes for as long as you can remember? Do you enjoy working on github with a community of end-users? Have you felt first-hand the pain of running and optimizing production systems? Let’s talk...
We’re on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops and we need you to connect Datadog with the vast ecosystem our customers use. Join us to instrument everything from OS counters to programming languages to databases to cloud providers.
What you will do
- Build the open-source tools connecting Datadog to the rest of the world
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
Who you must be
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- You’ve been writing and running server-side software for several years
- You master Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps
- You excel with several low-level and scripting languages
- Your github shows your chops and open-source contributions
- You enjoy sharing with great docs or blog posts
- You tend to obsess over code minimalism and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You wrote your own monitoring tool once or twice before
- You are a master at Python, Java, C++ or Go
- You would be a cloudologist, if that word existed
Is this you? Send your resume and links to your Github
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top