Open-Source Software Engineer - Python
Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert Python developer who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software.
What you will do
- Write open source code that instruments thousands of Python applications around the world.
- Drive our open source Python projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way.
Who you must be
- You’re a master Python programmer. You’ve tamed the GIL. You’ve tried gevent, asyncio, tornado and even plain old threading.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Asyncio, Django, Flask, Falcon, and Celery.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You run your applications in PyPy or other interpreter implementations.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
- You have experience with CPython bindings or Cython.
Back to top