Open-Source Software Engineer - Container Ecosystems
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Did you discover containers over the past few years, and have you been running them in production ever since? Did you dive into the Docker and Kubernetes code bases or follow the evolution of containers and the CRI with anticipation?
Datadog is building world-class container-monitoring solutions that allow correlation between traces, metrics and logs coming from applications, the containers they run in, and the orchestrators that schedule them. We are looking for a developer experienced with the container ecosystem that will help us push container monitoring to the next level. Come join us as you help to build amazing open-source software that will run on thousands of machines and make life easier for technical customers who care deeply about what you build.
- Build open-source software that monitors containers, their runtimes and other components of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Participate and contribute to upstream open-source communities
- Do it in Go, Python, or any language that fits the particular task at hand
- Design and write features that solve new problems in the industry
- Have a significant impact on the product and the user experience of fellow engineers who use the product
- You have been working with containers in production for at least a year
- You have significant systems programming experience in one or more languages
- You enjoy diving into new code bases, and can get down to low-level when needed
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have mastered one or more container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Nomad
- You enjoy interacting with the upstream open-source communities, and can drive technical conversations in the open
Back to top