Open-Source Software Engineer - Container Ecosystems
Did you discover containers over the past few years, and have you been running them in production ever since? Did you dive into the Docker and Kubernetes code bases or follow the evolution of rkt with anticipation?
Datadog is building world-class container-monitoring solutions that allow correlation between traces, metrics and events coming from applications, the containers they run in, and the orchestrators that schedule them. We are looking for a developer experienced with the container ecosystem that will help us push container monitoring to the next level. Come join us as you help to build amazing open-source software that will run on thousands of machines and make life easier for technical customers who care deeply about what you build.
What you will do
- Build open-source software that monitors containers, their runtimes and other components of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Participate and contribute to upstream open-source communities
- Do it in Go, Python, or any language that fits the particular task at hand
- Design and write features that solve new problems in the industry
- Have a significant impact on the product and the user experience of fellow engineers who use the product
What we're looking for
- You have been working with containers in production for at least a year
- You have significant systems programming experience in one or more languages
- You enjoy diving into new code bases, and can get down to low-level when needed
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have mastered one or more container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Nomad
- You enjoy interacting with the upstream open-source communities, and can drive technical conversations in the open
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top