Manager, Inside Sales
Datadog is scaling! Our sales team is one of the fastest growing areas of our business, and we are hiring a Manager to drive aggressive growth in direct sales as we branch out. This role will lead a team of Account Executives responsible for driving new business and full cycle sales. We are looking for someone who has managed, mentored, and motivated sales reps to succeed. You'll will be responsible for building and managing a team, managing sales pipelines, and forecasting revenue.
- Manage, lead, mentor and train a team of Account Executives
- Lead a team to sales quota attainment
- Provide input in sales planning for Boston location
- Coach, manage performance, and develop, direct reports
- Guide, maintain and implement sales best practices
- Participate in hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
- Manage performance metrics for team
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
- 5 years of experience in hi-tech direct sales
- Previous inside sales management experience
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver
- Exceptional attention to detail. Smart, thorough, and able to work independently
- Personable; able to work as a member of small team and to interact with peers and internal departments
- Proven ability to lead a sales team in all areas of the sales cycle
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev, Ops and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives. Since launching in 2010, Datadog has been adopted more than 5000 enterprises including companies like Asana, eBay, PagerDuty, Stripe, Samsung, Target, The Washington Post, and Zendesk.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top