Manager, Commercial Sales - Denver
- Denver, CO
Our sales team works with a best-of-breed product that solves real problems for our customers. Sellers follow a well-defined methodology that helps them identify the customer's unique needs and clearly convey the value of the Datadog product. Whether you're looking to learn from the best or be the best, the Datadog sales team is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
Datadog is the monitoring and analytics platform for developers, IT teams and business users in the cloud age. We're scaling our Inside Sales team in Denver, Colorado to help IT and Technology leaders recognize Datadog’s impact in their digital transformation and migration to the cloud. This is an opportunity to bring a proven product, loved by thousands of customers, to a multi-billion dollar market. Our Commercial Sales Manager will provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for a team of Account Executives who are responsible for driving new business through the full cycle sales.
- Manage, coach and scale a team of Account Executives
- Guide a team in achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Manage the sales funnel from prospect to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing to maximize revenue growth
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
- Experienced in 3-5 years of tech sales
- Passionate about coaching, mentorship and team management
- Motivated by helping people grow with a desire to continue learning
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a high-growth, rapidly changing marketplace
- Experienced at managing an outbound sales team in all areas of the sales cycle
- Able to accurately forecast team performance
- Passionate about tech and the cloud space
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Why You Should Apply:
- President’s Club for top performers
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Manager, Commercial Sales - Denver role has an annual starting salary of $90,000, plus variable compensation and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top