We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing, profiling and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert PHP extension developer experienced with C and PHP internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
- Write code that instruments thousands of PHP applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source PHP projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way.
- You have significant experience maintaining PHP extensions.
- You have a solid high-level understanding of the components of the Zend Engine and how they work together.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You contribute to the PHP internals community.
- You have experience with the function-call-interception hooks in PHP; the VM hook zend_execute_ex, custom user opcode handlers, and/or the observer API.
- You have experience with web applications such as Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla.
- You have experience with frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, or CakePHP.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.