Lead Solutions Engineer
- New York, NY
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through ongoing technical support, presentations, technical evaluations, and demos. Technical Solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skill set.
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a team immersed in a startup-like environment where you will be challenged, but also will immediately witness your contributions to Datadog.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of Solutions Engineers who respond to client requests, reproduce and troubleshoot issues, and dive into the 400+ integrations that Datadog works with
- Ensure successful onboarding of new Solutions Engineers
- Help triage Solutions Engineering queues and work with Product and Engineering on urgent matters
- Review and help prioritize Solutions Engineering escalations
- Assign tickets throughout the day as part of a queue rotation schedule
- Oversee demo training and assist in demo certification
- Assist with incident response during outages/incidents, communicating with customers and providing our internal teams with info that we’re getting first-hand from those customers
- Build out documentation and knowledge base articles for a variety of technologies
- Previous people management and/or mentorship experience
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and a desire to keep learning more
- Critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach
- You’re a tinkerer with some programming experience and a basic knowledge of Linux
- CS or Engineering majors
- Active contribution to open-source projects (code, bug reports, etc.) and the Engineering Community (Meetups, etc.)
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Back to top