Inside Sales Manager
Datadog is scaling!
We were recently named on Forbes top 100 next leaders in cloud computing. Our sales team is one of the fastest growing areas of our business, and with a new product launch in the works, we are hiring an Inside Sales Manager to drive growth in direct sales as we branch out. This role will lead a team of Account Executives responsible for driving new business and full cycle sales. We are looking for someone who has managed, mentored, and motivated sales reps to succeed. The Sales Manager will be responsible for building and managing a team, managing sales pipelines, and forecasting revenue.
- Manage, lead, mentor and train a team of Account Executives
- Lead a team to sales quota attainment
- Provide input in sales planning for Boston location
- Coach, manage performance, and develop, direct reports
- Guide, maintain and implement sales best practices
- Participate in hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
- Manage performance metrics for team
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
Who you must be:
- 5 years of experience in hi-tech direct sales
- Previous inside sales management experience
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver
- Exceptional attention to detail. Smart, thorough, and able to work independently
- Personable; able to work as a member of small team and to interact with peers and internal departments
- Proven ability to lead a sales team in all areas of the sales cycle
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing explosive growth. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact and growth opportunities.
Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
Impact: Our sales team is responsible for driving the revenue for the organization, and every person helps contribute to the bottom line.
Workplace perks: Beautiful downtown Boston office with a stellar view. Datadog provides a stocked fridge, snacks and catered lunches three days a week. Work hard / play hard environment with fun people.
Back to top