Human Resources Business Partner, EMEA
HR Business Partner
At Datadog, People Operations is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven approach to attracting, developing and retaining our most valuable asset: our people. HR Business Partners are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leaders to identify the best solutions.
Datadog is seeking its first-ever HR Business Partner to support our sales and engineering leaders as they build their organizations across Europe. The HR Business Partner will be a key member of People Operations, responsible for evolving and delivering Datadog’s core HR practices and contribute at a hands-on level to cultivate an open, dynamic culture. This will include coaching managers on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues and interpersonal conflicts, and managing programs that help develop our people.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a single point of contact for all employees in Europe
- Coach and develop managers and individual contributors
- Assist employees and managers in resolving workplace issues and grievances
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Provide analysis and consulting to sales leaders in order to make data-driven people decisions
- Recommend and drive improvement to human resources systems, policies and processes in support of global expansion
- Lead onboarding programs regionally
- Implement key HR programs such as career paths, performance reviews, compensation & rewards
- Ensure compliance with employment laws in each country we have employees
Who You’ll Be:
- Degree in human resources management or law
- At least three years experience as an HR Business Partner, plus five years experience in other human resources roles
- Proven success in a matrixed, fast-paced environments
- Experience in a high-tech global company ideally with both small large/established companies
- An expert in employment law, especially in France, plus multiple markets in Europe
- Well versed in dealing with works councils and work inspectors
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs independently
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into action planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to work across different cultures and travel internationally (approximately 15%)
- Fluent in English and French
What We Do:
Datadog is a monitoring service that brings together data from servers, databases, applications, tools, and services to present a unified view of the applications that run at scale in the cloud. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev and Ops teams to work collaboratively to avoid downtime, resolve performance problems, and ensure that development and deployment cycles finish on time.
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing explosive growth. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact and growth opportunities.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Impact: Our People Ops team is growing, and you will be the first Paris HR hire to have the opportunity to make clear impact in this organization.
- Workplace perks: Beautiful Paris office with lots of natural light. Datadog provides a stocked fridge, snacks and catered lunches once a week. Work hard / play hard environment with fun people.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Garner splits his time between answering technical questions from customers and taking internal support engineers through product deep-dives. He also introduces new prospects to the product.
Back to top