Enterprise Sales Engineer - Tokyo
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase. Communicate Datadog value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion.
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility.
- Deliver product and technical briefings / presentations potential clients.
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM regarding customer input both wins and losses.
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Datadog business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape.
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Passion and ability to educate customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business.
- Ability to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Minimum of 3 years in a sales engineering role.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos or other container technologies.
- Programming experience. Extra points for Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, and .NET
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Jake P.Sales Manager
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top