Engineering Team Lead - New Realtime Products
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Our team builds and owns new products (and backing distributed systems) that operate in realtime (< 5 seconds latency) at high scale. Publicly announced products we've released include Live Processes and Live Containers, which provide nearly instant visibility for millions of processes and containers across our customers' infrastructure. We work at every level of the stack to own products end-to-end: a Go-based agent to collect data, intake edge services to ingest and process data, high throughput storage and query, and live APIs and visualization.
As Engineering Team Lead, you will lead a fast-moving team working on hard distributed systems problems, with full ownership of the products end-to-end. You'll use the latest open-source technology to build distributed, high throughput, low latency systems. You’ll also work with frontend engineers to deliver the data as high profile new features (e.g. container map) for our customers. And finally, you'll make a huge impact on the future direction we take, both on the technical platform and in the product itself.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Write a significant amount of code (Go) for new and existing backend services and open source collection agent
- Own and support the process and containers architecture and production systems
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Elasticsearch, Cassandra or Kafka.
- You’ve written your own data pipelines before
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Is this you? Let's chat!
Back to top