Engineering Team Lead - Logs Platform
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Our Logs teams own all the services powering our logs product from logs collection to ingestion, from indexing to querying, as well as near-real time systems like live-tail or alerting. They build, scale, and operate some of the low-latency, high-throughput data systems that power the growth of our business. The systems are built on top of high-scale open source frameworks and languages: Kafka, Go, Java, MongoDB, Akka, Kubernetes.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will lead and grow a team building a key part of our Logs product, own and improve systems running at high scale. You’ll tackle challenging projects, make an impact, grow as an engineer and a lead.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You will be a key part of the success of the product.
- Own and support our data pipelines, remove scaling bottlenecks in critical services
- Mentor other engineers on your team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Write a significant amount of code, lead architectural decisions for new and existing services
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand-new product
- You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You have significant experience with Go or Java
Is this you? Let’s chat!
See Inside the Office of Datadog
Launched in 2010 and headquartered in New York, Datadog's integrations and API bridge metrics and events to support infrastructure assessment and collaborative deployment. Datadog's multifunctional, single-viewing SaaS and cloud monitoring service sync massive data created by IT, Developer, and Operation Teams on its advanced analytic platform—making it possible for today's tech teams to write, monitor, and edit applications together.
Back to top