Engineering Team Lead - Logs
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Our Logs Intake team owns the logs collection agent, intake edge services, processing and enrichment that deliver data to the Datadog logs management application. They build, scale, and operate some of the low-latency, high-throughput data systems that power the growth of our business. The systems are built on top of high-scale open source frameworks and languages: Kafka, Go, Java, MongoDB, Akka, Kubernetes.
As an Engineering Team Lead in Logs Intake, you will lead and grow a team building a key part of our Logs product, own and improve systems running at high scale. You’ll tackle challenging projects, make an impact, grow as an engineer and a lead.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You will be a key part of the success of the product.
- Own and support our data pipelines, remove scaling bottlenecks in critical services
- Mentor other engineers on your team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Write a significant amount of code, lead architectural decisions for new and existing services
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You have significant experience with Go or Java
Is this you? Let’s chat!
Back to top