Engineering Team Lead - Event Query
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Query team is responsible for the query API that sits on top of the event platform. It allows our frontend and public API to run complex queries on our event data. At its core, we have an engine that parses, plans, and distributes these queries, and then aggregates these into final results. The team is responsible for the evolution of these production systems to allow for more powerful queries that run across distributed storage layers.
As an Engineering Team Lead for Query, you will lead and grow a team responsible for adding new queries while improving the performance and reliability of our event platform. You will be responsible for defining the technical vision of how we query our data, with a strong focus on availability, resilience, and durability. Working closely with our product managers, you will build new features and scale our systems to keep up with the demands of our growing business.
- Manage a team of engineerings, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Ensure that the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Code (Go and Java) new and existing services to scale out our event platform offering
- Contribute to the design of the query API architecture and surrounding systems
- Debug and solve challenging cross-systems issues in production
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You have significant experience with Go or Java
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top