Engineering Team Lead - Data Science
- Paris, France
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. We need you to design and build machine learning-powered products that help our customers learn from their data and make better decisions in real-time.
You will have a fantastic team of data engineers to support you, a collaborative environment to encourage your work, and the best technologies for performing data science at high scale in your toolkit.
- Manage/mentor a small team of data scientists
- Present the latest academic research papers to your team
- Research and benchmark the latest algorithms that can be used for our particular use-cases
- Apply machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build new product features
- Deploy a new feature to production, instantly affecting customers with your work
- Explore and find meaning in extremely high volumes of data
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- 6+ years of experience working in large scale data science environments
- 2+ leadership experience (team lead or manager)
- You have significant experience applying machine learning to real business problems
- You have programming experience in one or more languages such as Python or Go
- You have mastered working with data in a language such as Python, R, or Julia
- You are fluent with SQL / relational algebra
- You’ve done data science at high scale with tools like Hadoop and Spark
- You’re familiar with time series analysis
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You’ve written production data pipelines
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top