Engineering Team Lead - Cloud Platforms
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Cloud Provider team builds software to connect with the vast ecosystem of cloud platforms, services, and tools that our customers use. The team instruments VMs, databases, load balancers, lambda functions, and the everything else in vast array of services that cloud providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure provide.
Easily configurable integrations are a key part of why our customers love Datadog. As Engineering Team Lead for the Cloud Provider team, you’ll manage a team of talented engineers to scale and expand our range of cloud provider services. You’ll become an expert in everything cloud—instrumenting the latest AWS, GCP, and Azure offerings as they are released and exploring other cloud providers’ functionality, often before the general public has access.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Develop systems that make hundreds of thousands of API calls per minute
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You’ve built something on top of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure APIs
- You are a master at Python, Java, C++ or Go
- You have mastered Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps
Is this you? Let's chat!
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top