Engineering Team Lead
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will manage a team of engineers, own significant chunks of our architecture, design and build systems at scale, and shape product decisions. You'll work on challenging projects, make an impact, and grow as an engineer and a lead.
In a typical week as an Engineering Team Lead, you might:
- Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
- Mentor other engineers on your team
- Design a new service and write an architecture RFC
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've shipped complex projects with teams of engineers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Is this you? Let's chat!
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top