Engineering Manager - RUM
- Paris, France
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and grow the teams building our Real User Monitoring product. Working very closely with product management, they build the RUM application but also the browser and mobile native SDKs needed to collect the data.
The entire product runs in the cloud, it's always on, low latency and high throughput. It's built on top of the Datadog platform and high-scale open source frameworks and languages: Kafka, Go, Java, MongoDB, Kubernetes.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is just starting up: it is seeing a great traction from our customers and there are many new features to build. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, designing architecture, managing the team, recruiting excellent engineers.
- Manage and grow teams of talented engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with the product team to flesh out the future of the product
- Work with other managers in Europe and in the US to deliver cross-cutting projects
- Scale the systems to accommodate hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the engineering organization
- You have been building applications for 6+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
- You’ve recruited a team of engineers before
- You have deep experience with observability products
- You have frontend experience
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top