We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog's Distributed Systems teams build and run the intake, storage, and query engines for every dashboard and alert for Datadog’s customers. The organization is split into 3 major groups; the Metrics group whom process time series data, the Events team whom process event data, and the Resources group whom process high cardinality metadata.
Datadog is growing rapidly, and our Distributed Systems teams are at the core of our growth: today we ingest over 10 trillion points a day, each of which we make available for query in seconds. They're building a platform which is running in the cloud, is always on, at low latency and high throughput.
We are looking for Engineering Managers to expand and lead our teams building out core functionality for Metrics, Events and Resources teams. You may be driving the development of a new hot storage system, a complex database schema or develop our next generation query language and engine. You will lead the team in defining product, designing architecture, managing both individual contributors and managers, and recruiting excellent engineers.
- Manage both managers and individual contributors, grow teams of exceptional Engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with the product team to flesh out the future of the product
- Work with other managers across the world to deliver cross-cutting projects (e.g. integration of other products into a unified query language)
- Scale the systems to accommodate hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the engineering organization
- You have been building applications for 10+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You have managed teams programming in Go, Rust, Java and/or Python
- You’ve worked extensively with (or for) a major cloud provider
- You have experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams.
- You have deep experience with observability products
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.