Engineering Manager - Alerting Product
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to expand and lead our teams building our Alerting, SLOs, and Incident Management products.
Our Alerting platform is the entrypoint to Datadog. Used by tens of thousands of on-call engineers, the entire product runs in the cloud, it's always on, low latency and high throughput. It's built on top of the Datadog platform and high-scale open source frameworks and languages: Kafka, Go, Python, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. We just announced our Incident Management Application and it’s seeing great traction from our customers and there are many new features to build. You’ll be involved in every step of the process from defining product, designing architecture, managing the team, to recruiting excellent engineers.
- Manage and grow teams of talented engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with the product team to flesh out the future of the product
- Work with other managers across the world to deliver cross-cutting projects (e.g. running in multiple regions and clouds)
- Scale the systems to accommodate hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the engineering organization
- You have been building applications for 6+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
- You’ve recruited a team of engineers before
- You have deep experience with observability products
- You have frontend experience
- You have experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top