Director, Solutions Engineering
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through ongoing technical support via our ticketing system and chat service, as well as technical troubleshooting sessions and product demos.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented leader to join our high-growth organization and world class Solutions team.
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a team of managers and individual contributors in our US-West region, immersed in a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged, but will also immediately witness your contributions to Datadog and to our customers.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of Lead Solutions Engineers, who in turn manage teams of 4-6 Solutions Engineers who respond to client requests, reproduce and troubleshoot issues, and dive into Datadog’s 400+ integrations
- Work closely with Technical Solutions leadership on strategic initiatives as we scale our team globally
- Oversee successful onboarding of new Solutions Engineers
- Ensure successful development / education of Solutions Engineers in your group
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region. Coach new hires during on-boarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Liaise with other groups throughout the organization (Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product) to tackle urgent matters, and to implement workflow improvements that help ensure smooth overall operation
- Review and help prioritize Solutions Engineering escalations
- Assist with incident response during outages/incidents, communicating with customers and providing info to our internal teams
- Oversee demo training and demo certification
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- Previous people management experience (in particular, managing a team of managers).
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and a desire to keep learning more.
- High EQ and soft skills.
- Critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach.
- Experience in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling region.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Solutions Engineering or adjacent role.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies.
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- CS or Engineering degree.
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Back to top