Director of Office Operations
- New York, NY
Datadog's Business Operations team collaborates with teams across the organization and hundreds of outside vendors, providing operational support to ensure that Datadog's business continues to grow as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Our Business Operations team plays an instrumental role in retaining our most valuable asset, our people, by ensuring we keep our employees safe, productive, and happy. Our team consists of problem solvers who work hard to keep Datadog scaling smoothly and remains a fantastic place to work.
Datadog is in hyper-growth mode. We're currently looking for a Director of Office Operations to join us in our New York based HQ and help us scale our office infrastructure globally. You’ll work closely with our VP of Business Operations to ensure all Datadog offices globally help keep our employees safe, productive, and happy. This can mean planning the layout for our latest office in Sydney, reviewing cleaning standards and contracts for all our offices, or helping an Office Manager craft SMART performance goals for a team member in Paris. Every day will be different.
- Manage our growing portfolio of Datadog offices
- Develop, coach and empower the Office Managers who run each office
- Establish training to enhance teamwork, productivity, and career development for all Office Operations team members
- Maintain and expand summaries to seamlessly run existing offices and quickly spin up new ones
- Oversee department budgets, covering everything from repairs, furniture to employee events
- Enhance and monitor internal ticketing process to ensure department meets and beats SLAs
- Communicate progress on specific initiatives, challenges or incidents to leadership
- Cooperate with our Construction Team to constantly improve our offices
- Liaise with other departments, e.g. Finance, Business Operations, and People
- Regularly travel to all offices to ensure consistency of office experiences and awesome levels of customer service
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience (at least five years of relevant experience in a corporate environment, and at least five years of relevant experience in a startup/fast paced environment)
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing rapid growth of facilities and developing the teams to support that growth. This includes experience managing in-house or outsourced maintenance personnel such as HVAC engineers, electricians, plumbers and security guards.
- Extensive experience resolving vendor conflicts in resourceful and creative win-win outcomes
- Knowledge of standards and statutes of regulatory agencies including OSHA
- Able to quickly organize information in spreadsheets and presentations for leadership
- A true people person with an empathetic and friendly demeanor
- Love problem solving, obsessed with improving workflow and processes
- Able to remain calm and productive under pressure
- Able to travel up to 70% of the time
- Possess excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours traveling from one location to another
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.
Back to top