Director, Global Payroll
- New York, NY
Datadog is seeking a Director, Global Payroll who will manage and elevate our regional payroll and benefits teams. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for leading operational activities and providing strategic direction for the payroll, benefits, compliance and immigration function. Our teams currently support over 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries, and we’re continuing to grow rapidly and add more countries. The director will have direct responsibility for APAC and the Americas, and dotted-line responsibility for EMEA.
You will oversee global expansion initiatives including managing the implementation of third-party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries. You will also be responsible for the coaching, mentoring and leading the team who provide day-to-day payroll and benefits support.
- Develop and manage the execution of payroll strategy and operating model and provide tactical direction to the payroll leads across the globe
- Manage rapidly evolving People Services team comprised of payroll, benefits, compliance and immigration
- Drive appropriate consistent processes across the globe and coordinate regional efforts towards global process standardization while allowing local flexibility when required
- Ensure payroll and benefits issues are escalated and resolved with root cause analysis and corrective action taken
- Identify and implement appropriate control and compliance mechanisms for payroll and benefits administration
- Oversee evaluation of outsourcing partners and technology investments
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for the team
- Oversee the timely preparation, processing, maintenance and appropriate distribution of payroll information, payroll reports, and tax year-end reports
- Ensure the proper processing and reporting of salary, equity, annual and one bonuses and benefits for all employees
- Direct and audit payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing globally and ensure compliance with organizational procedures
- Work closely with Legal and Finance teams to maintain full compliance globally
- Establish and set operational strategy for owning all SOX controls within the team
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in U.S. and global payroll at complex global organizations
- Track record of leading a globally distributed team of 7+ and delivering scalable payroll services
- Experience transforming a payroll and benefits function to maximize automation, scalability and cost effectiveness
- Workday Payroll knowledge and experience preferred but not required; must have deep knowledge and experience working with payroll vendors and platform technologies
- Strong project management experience including the ability to manage project plans, dependencies, critical path activities and milestones
- Additional certifications such as CPP, Six Sigma, PMP Certification are a plu
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top