Director, Enterprise Sales - Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
Our sales team works with a best-of-breed product that solves real problems for our customers. Sellers follow a well-defined methodology that helps them identify the customer's unique needs and clearly convey the value of the Datadog product. Whether you're looking to learn from the best or be the best, the Datadog sales team is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
Datadog is a world leading next-generation SaaS platform allowing dev & ops teams to monitor their cloud infrastructures and applications. We have been growing our revenue year over year and are ranked top 50 on Deloitte's 2018 fast 500 technology list. We are building an enterprise sales team and are looking for a Director of Enterprise Sales who will be responsible for growing and leading our Enterprise revenue stream for Japan. As a leader, you will collaborate to develop the sales strategy and drive key growth and new business initiatives to achieve sales objectives.
- Manage, hire, train and ramp a team of Enterprise Account Executives responsible for new and expansion bookings
- Achieve annual Enterprise bookings quota with monthly and quarterly targets
- Develop and manage Enterprise Sales Executives on productivity metrics such as deal size, win rate, and forecast accuracy as well as how to lead a customer through a proactive sales cycle
- Coach Account Executives through building executive relationships with Named Enterprise accounts in their territories and through complex Enterprise deals and negotiations
- Shape the direction of the go-to market strategy and execution for your region
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Product and Success to build targeted messaging and collateral, and mapping a customer journey for the specific business needs of your region
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- Coach direct reports re: strategies to drive closure
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings. Engaging other corporate resources as required.
- Contribute to sales strategy and execution
- Native in Japanese and professional English language skills
- Experienced in managing a high performing Enterprise Sales team for a B2B technology company
- A strong relationship builder with 7+ years of overall Enterprise sales experience working with Fortune 1000 companies
- Confident in managing complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders and negotiations with pricing based on business value, legal and procurement
- Knowledgeable in selling to C-level executives in the IT space
- Experienced in setting quotas and managing people against those quotas
- Passionate about coaching others with a successful track record as an individual contributor and can share relevant and complex closing experience with a growing team
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top