The Data Science team designs and builds algorithmically driven features in the Datadog app. We work across a range of applications, primarily focusing on analysis on streaming data such as anomaly detection, error outliers and faulty deployment analysis. As a Data Scientist in the Data Science team, you will work on improving the quality of the algorithms that power our growing suite of Watchdog products. You will work closely with our engineering and product partners to develop new algorithmically driven products.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and benchmark the latest algorithms that can be used for our use-cases
- Apply machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build new product features that work at high scale
- Deploy new features to production
- Present the latest academic research papers to your team
- Explore and find meaning in extremely high volumes of data
- Own your models, services and infrastructure from end-to-end
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have experience working with data and building models, and applying machine learning to real business problems
- You can explain complex ideas and algorithms in understandable ways
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You are excited to work on a user-facing product
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Opportunity to collaborate closely with colleagues across the Datadog offices in New York City and Paris
- Opportunity to attend and present at conferences and meetups
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.