Data Engineer - Internal Analytics Platform
- New York, NY
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
We are building a first-class Internal Analytics team composed of Data Engineers and Data Analysts. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with cutting-edge open-source data collection, transformation and analysis tools, we want to meet you.
- Collect data from a wide range of sources: AWS S3, Redshift, PostgreSQL, and various APIs
- Build data ETL pipelines using Spark, Luigi and other open-source technologies, with programming languages like Scala, Python, and SQL
- Tune Spark jobs to improve performance
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers in order to collect the right data that will help them better understand our customers, product usage, or our own operations
- Work with Data Analysts to build the right analytics reports
- Have a meaningful impact on many teams at Datadog thanks to data
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Grow with the company
- You are fluent in several programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala
- You have 2+ years of work experience in building ETL pipelines in production
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have work experience with data storage such as AWS S3, Redshift or similar.
- Being a SQL expert is a minimum for this position
- You are fluent with command line
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”.
- You can explain complex datasets in very clear ways
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on autonomy
- You are familiar with Spark and/or Hadoop
- Experience with AWS Redshift and S3
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top