Data Engineer, Front-line - Internal Analytics Platform
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
We are building a first-class Internal Analytics team composed of Data Engineers and Data Analysts. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with cutting-edge open-source data collection, transformation and analysis tools, we want to meet you.
What you will do
- Be on the first front-line of any new exploratory data sets our Internal Analytics team will implement
- Scout this internal data to help Datadog better understand our customers, product usage, and our own operations
- Gather data from a wide range of sources: AWS S3, Redshift, PostgreSQL, and various APIs
- Build new data pipelines using Spark, Luigi and other open-source technologies, with programming languages like Scala, Python, and SQL
- Find meaning in extremely high volume of data and build data visualization for team leads and executives
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers, understand their problems in order to collect the right data and provide them with the right analytics
- Have a meaningful impact on many teams at Datadog thanks to data
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Grow with the company
Who we are looking for
- You are at the intersection of a Data Engineer and a Data Analyst
- You are fluent in several programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala and have experience using them to transform data
- 3+ years of professional experience
- You value code simplicity and performance
- Being a SQL expert is a minimum for this position
- You are fluent on the command line
- You have work experience in data analysis and visualization using Looker, Tableau, or a similar tool
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets
- You can explain complex datasets in very clear ways
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”.
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on autonomy
- You are familiar with Spark and/or Hadoop
- Experience with AWS Redshift, S3, or Google BigQuery/Cloud Dataproc
- Experience with Looker
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top