We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are building a first-class Data & Analytics department enabling the entire company to easily discover, explore, and report on internal data in order to make data-driven decisions.
Our data covers all parts of the business: product analytics, billing, engineering operations, marketing, sales, recruiting...
Our department is composed of Data Engineers and Data Analysts who use cutting-edge data pipeline, and data exploration & analysis tools powering the self-serve analytics ecosystem we are building.
As a Data Analyst within the Internal Analytics department, you will help ensure all teams at Datadog have easily find, discover, and explore analytics data through our tools, and extract insights from it. You will have a chance to interact with all other departments including other Engineering teams, Product Managers, Designers, Marketing, Finance, Customer Success, and Executives.
- Contribute to building the data model layer that is used by the whole company to query internal analytics data
- Build foundational data reports and visualizations that will help other teams make strategic decisions and start their data exploration
- Help product managers, designers, and engineers to understand our products usage and user behaviors, and facilitate data-driven decision making
- Help marketing teams optimize their initiatives
- Run deep data analyses and investigations
- Work to discover how different technologies are being adopted over time by different segments of users
- Present findings to team leads and executives
- Train other employees to use data to answer questions without assistance
- You are a clear, concise communicator that works well with others
- You can explain complex datasets to non-technical people in understandable ways
- You are completely fluent with SQL and are able to write complex and performant queries with no assistance
- You are able to clean a dataset and conduct a data analysis in Python or similar language
- You’ve mastered data analysis and visualization in a BI tool such as Metabase, Looker, Tableau, or similar tools
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
- 2+ years of professional experience
- You have some experience with data stores similar to Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery, or S3
- You are familiar with data storage optimization (keys, schemas, …)
- You are familiar with Spark or Hadoop
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.