G&A at Datadog rapidly scales the physical space, hiring, onboarding, and financial and legal systems to keep our business running in top form.
- Supervise a team that consists of an Accounting Manager and Senior Accountants/Staff Accountants.
- As the Company continues to scale identify key areas for potential new hire additions such as SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting, International resources and Systems Administration.
- Responsible for review of monthly G/L closing of Datadog and all consolidating entities along with the timely review of all schedules/reports supporting the monthly financial statements (e.g. bank recs, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets and depreciation, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue, etc.).
- Monthly financial reporting package prepared with FP&A team in order to ensure all significant variances between actual and budget are identified and properly outlined for Senior Management.
- Hard quarterly close with all necessary GAAP adjustments recorded on a timely basis.
- Review/preparation of annual audited Datadog consolidated financial statements and other local statutory financial statements along with corresponding footnotes.
- Team with the Revenue Accounting team regarding the adoption of the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606.
- Assist with the review of the annual tax returns, quarterly tax estimates and monthly tax filings (Sales Tax and other).
- Monitor changes in accounting and tax principles and assess impact to the Company and communicate financial statement and business impacts accordingly.
- Integrate new acquisitions and subsidiaries into corporate accounting structure.
- Oversight of year-end 1099 reporting.
- 10+ years of experience in management of corporate controllership, NetSuite experience a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in public accounting focusing on the Technology space, Big 4 a plus.
- Strong excel and analytical abilities.
- Strong technical accounting and SEC reporting experience, IPO experience a plus.
- Strong management experience with team greater than 5 people.
- CPA is a requirement.
Back to top