Datadog is scaling our legal team and hiring a Contracts Attorney. This role will partner closely with our sales team on documents and contracts that impact one of the most important areas of our business – our revenue stream. A Contracts Attorney will interact on a daily basis with employees across the organization, including members of the sales, sales operations, business development, engineering, security and finance teams.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to General Counsel in support of a rapidly growing SaaS business
- Draft, review and negotiate SaaS sales subscription agreements, reseller and other channel partner agreements and various other vendor/marketing agreements
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders for contract processing, negotiation, approvals and execution
- Draft, update and maintain templates, playbooks and alternate provisions, always with a mind toward solutions that scale
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with other teams to drive efficiencies
- Monitor and provide guidance on applicable laws
- Design and deliver training content
Who You’ll Be
- JD and bar admission
- Minimum 2 years law firm experience, with additional in-house experience a significant plus
- Direct experience working with enterprise sales organizations and customers
- Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex SaaS/cloud agreements
- Ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities
- A strong written and oral communicator who can explain legal issues to sales personnel and to our customers
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Effective and decisive under pressure
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing explosive growth. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have impact and growth opportunities.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Impact: Our legal team is growing, and you will have the opportunity to make clear impact on the company’s legal practice.
- Workplace perks: Beautiful Midtown NYC office with a stellar 360 view. Datadog provides a stocked fridge, snacks and catered lunches three days a week.
What We Do
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev, Ops and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives. Since launching in 2010, Datadog has been adopted by more than 7000 enterprises including companies like Asana, eBay, PagerDuty, Samsung, The Washington Post, and Zendesk.
Meet Some of Datadog's Employees
Leading eight sales representatives, Jake coaches his team to accomplish ambitious personal and professional goals. He strategizes stellar sales plans, monitors progress, and teaches skills needed to conquer quotas.
Back to top