Commercial Sales Manager - Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
Our sales team works with a best-of-breed product that solves real problems for our customers. Sellers follow a well-defined methodology that helps them identify the customer's unique needs and clearly communicate the value of the Datadog product. Whether you're looking to learn from the best or be the best, the Datadog sales team is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
Datadog is the monitoring and analytics platform for developers, IT teams and business users in the cloud age. We're scaling our Inside Sales team in Japan to help IT and Technology leaders recognize Datadog’s impact in their digital transformation and migration to the cloud.
This is an opportunity to bring a proven product, loved by thousands of customers, to a multi-billion dollar market. Our second Commercial Sales Manager will provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for a team of Account Executives who are responsible for driving new business through full cycle sales.
- Manage, coach and scale a team of Account Executives
- Guide a team in achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Manage the sales funnel from prospect to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing to maximize revenue growth
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
- Experienced in 3-5 years of tech sales
- Passionate about coaching, mentorship and team management
- Motivated by helping people grow with a desire to continue learning
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a high-growth, rapidly changing marketplace
- Experienced at managing an outbound sales team in all areas of the sales cycle
- Able to accurately forecast team performance
- Passionate about tech and the cloud space
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Why You Should Apply:
- President’s Club for top performers
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive global benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
At Datadog, diversity means making a conscious effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the world outside, while treating each other with fairness and without bias. Inclusion is the choice we make every day to foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong, but excel, so that together, as a company, we can succeed.
Back to top