Business Systems Architect
- New York, NY
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Business Systems is a new team at Datadog reporting into the Director of IT. This team will collaborate with and support business system owners throughout Datadog. Additionally, the team will help automate processes, improve efficiencies and ensure business systems adhere to Datadog’s security and compliance requirements.
As a Business Systems Architect, you will work closely with People Ops, Finance and other business units to help with the overall design of their critical business systems (e.g, NetSuite, Workday). You will analyze existing systems and integrations and identify areas for improvement. You will advise various internal stakeholders on the design of new features and new systems.
- Be the technical leader for the design, integration, testing and delivery of systems used by People Ops, Finance and other business units
- Learn how business systems currently function and how they are used within Datadog. Use this knowledge to identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Ensure business systems adhere to Datadog security and compliance standards (eg. SOX)
- Collaborate with IT Engineering to integrate systems and automate manual processes
- Ensure that change control procedures are implemented and used
- Be hands-on when necessary
- At least seven years administering an HR IS or ERP for similarly sized companies
- Experience supporting compliance frameworks including SOX IT controls
- Experience building and maintaining integrations between SaaS business systems
- Experience architecting complex solutions
- Strong problem solving & technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You are fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
Back to top