Supplier Quality Engineer
- Partner with Procurement to manage supplier relationships in accordance with the broader Daqri sourcing strategy.
- Facilitate quality-driven supplier selection and development. Accelerate qualification cycle time and eliminate barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components, working effectively with procurement, engineering and manufacturing teams to manage and execute the supplier qualification process.
- Deliver technical guidance to a global supplier base and ensure product and process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement of suppliers’ quality, cycle and delivery performance, using supplier scorecards.
- Monitor supplier performance, drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce the Number of Defects and Cost of Quality.
- Manage the resolution of supplier non-compliance from a quality data perspective, working through the applicable functions to validate corrective action from suppliers.
- Provide influential leadership with functional groups to drive proactive quality improvements based upon customer feedback and internal issues.
- Drive the development of Quality Procedures and Work Instructions to standardize processes and component quality throughout the supplier network.
- Employ Six Sigma and other quality tools to implement process improvements to enhance product quality and reduce process variance by identifying improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing to qualify new suppliers and materials based upon a robust component approval process and actively engage with all operations to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing / quality / test engineering function or equivalent in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of experience in supplier management.
- 3+ years of experience in introducing and establishing new quality management processes
- Must have working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing and other quality principles.
- BS degree in Industrial / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. CQE is a plus.
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top