Supplier Quality Engineer
Facilitate and lead the relationship between Daqri and the supply base to refine supplier qualification, non-conformance management, supplier surveillance and quality initiatives. Perform a wide variety of professional industrial engineering assignments of a various degrees of complexity in order to contribute towards improving supplier quality, increasing efficiency, increasing productivity and reducing cost. Develop methods, processes and procedures to improve and maintain product and process quality standards.
- Partner with Procurement to manage supplier relationships in accordance with the broader Daqri sourcing strategy.
- Facilitate quality-driven supplier selection and development. Accelerate qualification cycle time and eliminate barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components, working effectively with procurement, engineering and manufacturing teams to manage and execute the supplier qualification process.
- Deliver technical guidance to a global supplier base and ensure product and process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement of suppliers’ quality, cycle and delivery performance, using supplier scorecards.
- Monitor supplier performance, drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce the Number of Defects and Cost of Quality.
- Manage the resolution of supplier non-compliance from a quality data perspective, working through the applicable functions to validate corrective action from suppliers.
- Provide influential leadership with functional groups to drive proactive quality improvements based upon customer feedback and internal issues.
- Drive the development of Quality Procedures and Work Instructions to standardize processes and component quality throughout the supplier network.
- Employ Six Sigma and other quality tools to implement process improvements to enhance product quality and reduce process variance by identifying improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing to qualify new suppliers and materials based upon a robust component approval process and actively engage with all operations to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing / quality / test engineering function or equivalent in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of experience in supplier management.
- 3+ years of experience in introducing and establishing new quality management processes
- Must have working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing and other quality principles.
- BS degree in Industrial / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. CQE is a plus.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Our flagship product, the DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.
Back to top