At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
DAQRI seeks a Global Subcontract Program Manager at its corporate headquarters in Los Angeles. The position may move on a temporary or permanent basis to Ireland or UK in the next twelve months.
• Managing existing and establish new contracts with vendors both contract manufacturing and/or select OEM manufacturing
• Communicate with these vendors:
- Performance improvements
- Cost reductions
- Continuous improvement of best-in-class quality standards.
- Production planning (to fulfill DAQRI demands)
- Contract management
• Direct the activities of contract manufacturers that are producing state of the art Augmented Reality products designed by DAQRI.
• Research and analyze overseas and domestic suppliers.
• Coordinate and lead periodic business reviews, meetings and visits with vendors and senior management.
• Assist in the development of global sourcing activities and strategies.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams (esp. R&D/Engineering/Quality) in:
- Managing vendor relationships over multiple product lines.
- New model introduction
- DAQRI Engineering and design changes (to existing products)
- CM proposals for development/Improvement for design/manufacturing of new and existing products
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 10+ years experience directly sourcing products from overseas factories preferred.
• Understanding of Chinese and Taiwanese cultures and business practices preferred. Ability to speak Mandarin is preferred.
• Understanding of international logistics.
• Travel and relocation:
- Available for 25-50% overseas travel each month. Longer trips may be required if necessary.
- Available for potential relocation to Ireland or UK in the next 12 months.
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate at all levels and translate technical language for clarity.
• Experience in change management and leading negotiations.
• Experience researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws as well as developing solutions and offering innovative solutions to unusual and complex contracting issues.
• Effective communicator; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills with both external customers and internal senior level management.
• Highly motivated and organized; customer-focused; positive and enthusiastic attitude; ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.